Top Things to Know When Signing Up:
- Your broker must have activated your license in DBPR before your application can be processed.
- Please make sure all applications are completed and signed by your broker at the time of submission.
- Completed applications can be submitted electronically to Membership@BERealtors.org filled out on our website, or can be dropped off to the BER office.
- If you are transferring from another board, please include your Letter of Good Standing with the application to show that you have paid dues for that current year.
- Payment is due at the time of application. When joining, dues will be pro-rated based on the month you join. National, state and local dues are billed on a calendar year (January-December). MLS dues are billed on a fiscal year (July-June). A one-time application fee is applied to new agents.
- Please complete both an application for board and MLS. You must have both services when joining a brokerage. MLS logins cannot be shared, this is an MLS violation.
- You have no more than 2 weeks to join a board after activating your license with a brokerage.
- New Member Orientation and Code of Ethics are required within 90 days of application for all new agents or agents transferring from a non-local board (Fort Myers or Naples).
- Mandatory Matrix (MLS) is required within 30 days of application.
- It is the responsibility of the broker to notify the board of any agents that change firms by submitting a RE-11 from the DBPR.
- If you change to a brokerage that is not a member of BER board or MLS, you will have to pay to join the board they are a member of. Local dues and MLS fees are non-refundable/non-transferrable, although State and National dues do transfer.
- To access Supra, you can sign up in the membership office or by phone. There is a one-time $50 activation fee charged by Supra and the monthly charge is $18.41 charged automatically on the 1st of every month.
- We do not keep your credit card on file at BER for dues, MLS or any other charges. The only automatic payment is Supra. Please call the BER office for any updates to your account (email address, credit card, etc.)
- If you would like to sign up for a class/event, please visit our website and use your MLS credentials to login to your online portal to register.
- If you need to many any changes to your information on file, please contact the BER office.
- Dues and MLS invoices are sent out strictly by email. National, state and local board dues are due 12/31 and MLS is due 6/30, every year. Please check your spam folder if you do not see these email invoices. You can always login to your online portal to view any outstanding invoices. Late and reinstatement fees will be assessed after the due dates.
Participation in the Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS® MLS is available to real estate agents with valid real estate licenses and whose Broker has joined as an office. Certified appraisers may also be able to participate in the MLS of Bonita Springs-Estero.
The Multiple Listing Service of Bonita Springs-Estero, Inc. provides a large array of services to our Members, including:
- A shared ownership service serving Southwest Florida with 4,000+ Member Real Estate Agents.
- Detailed property searches on residential, lot, land, and boat docks
- 24 hour market watch
- Public records search
- Hot sheet reports
- CMA/Prospecting reports
- Google Mapping search
- Links to Forms Simplicity, MLS Advantage and iMAPP
- Full sold history files on Collier and South Lee County for many years
Real Property Resources
- A compiled database owned and provided by the National Association of REALTORS®,Chicago, Illinois.
- Exclusive online real estate library
- Over 147 million property records built from public record and assessment information
- Available exclusively to REALTORS®
- Layers of data such as zoning, permits, mortgage and lien data
- Offers reports and analytical tools to help you turn data into genuine market insight
- Multiple Listing Services Training Programs
Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS® Training Programs
- Matrix Classes
- Matrix Searching & My Matrix Set-Up
- Matrix Listing Input & CMA Preparation
- Matrix Client Portal & Auto e-Mails
- Matrix for Advanced Users
- Matrix Private Tutoring
- CMA & Prospecting Training
- Real Property Resources Demos and Training
- Listing Book Classes
- Realist® Training
- MLS Billing Information
Your MLS fee invoices are e-mailed to you in June. They are due in this office by July 1. It is important to keep your on file e-mail address up to date with us so invoices do not get lost or go to spam. Late fees are incurred if you have not paid by the due date and your service will be interrupted if you are not fully paid (dues and late fee) within the period of time as stated on your invoice. If your services are interrupted you will pay a reinstatement fee of $50.00.
MLS Violation Fines: Our procedure for identifying violations, the time allowed to resolve and the fines associated with violations are detailed in the MLS Fining Procedure document.
- The Real Estate Industry accounted for $148,130 million, or 19.8%, of the Gross State Product in 2012.*
- When a Home is Sold in Florida, income generated from real estate related industries is: $12,996*
- Additional expenditure on consumer items such as on furniture, appliances, and remodeling is: $4,429*
- It generates economic multiplier impact. There is a greater spending at restaurants, sports games, and charity events. The size of this “multiplier” effect is estimated to be: $8,364*
*Sources: Bureau of Economic Analysis; NAR; NAHB Macroeconomic Advisors, Census
And if those reasons weren’t enough! Bonita Springs Estero REALTORS® has Over 800 More Reasons to be an Affiliate Member, check out these:
- Build Business Relationships
- Quick way to meet other members and network
- Participate in fund raising events for the community
- Sponsorship opportunities to promote your business
- Business card display in our office information center
- Participation in our welcome package for new members
- Ability to sponsor the Orientation breakfasts and/or lunches for our new members which gives you the opportunity to speak to the group and promote your business
- One free set of REALTOR® and Affiliate member mailing labels at the time of membership approval
- Discounted rates on updated member labels whenever you want them
- Participation in Board Committees and Project Teams
- Free listing of your company name and contact information in the Affiliate section on the Bonita Springs Estero REALTORS®’s website at www.BonitaEsteroRealtors.com
- Attendance at monthly breakfast meetings that offers networking opportunities and allows you to meet other members (some restrictions may apply due to capacity of facility)
- Invitations to attend and/or sponsor Board activities like the Golf Tournament, “After Hours” events and annual banquet at Member rates
- Eligible to win an “…Of The Year” award given annually. Also, you may vote in the annual “…Of The Year” awards selection
- Free distribution of your marketing materials to new REALTORS® at our monthly orientation and training meetings
- Opportunity to be one of the elected Affiliate members to sit on the Bonita Springs Estero REALTORS® Board of Directors
For agents within Florida that belong to another association but have a listing within Lee or Collier Counties, we offer the ability for you to list your listing in our system for a $200 fee per listing. Please note, this does not provide access to our system, our MLS administrators will input the form into the system under your agent name and office and will update the listing per agent requests and supplied information. This does not replace board membership, if your office is already a part of BSER you should consider a secondary membership with our association.
Please note – it can take 1-2 business days from the time of submission before the listing is placed active within the system. If you have any questions, please reach out to Kevin@bonitaesterorealtors.com