Stay Current with Your Continuing Education Requirements
To verify your CE credits with Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation, visit their website at myfloridalicense.com.
Click below for Curriculum Catalogues and Special Discounts for Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS® Members:
A few facts to remember in keeping your educational requirements current:
As a New Agent
45 Hours Post License is required by FREC within the first two years after receiving a new real estate license. However, do not delay. The 45 Hours Post License includes a lot of great information about daily activities in real estate dealings. This course is offered by Larson Education and Royal Institute. The GRI 100 series can be taken in lieu of the 45 Hours Post Licensing course. By completing the 100 series you will be well on your way to taking the steps to achieve the GRI designation. Please inquire on how you can sign up for the full GRI series.
As a New Member of Bonita Springs Estero REALTORS®
Within 90 days you must take the New Member Orientation, Code of Ethics, and the mandatory Matrix courses. Code of Ethics will be reported to DBPR and to National Association of REALTORS®. You must take Code of Ethics every 2 years to fulfill your Florida real estate license requirement, as well as the National Association of REALTORS requirement. The fee for this course is waived for new members.
As an Acting Agent
You must complete 14 Continuing Education hours within the 2 year period from license date of issue. License expire on either March 30th or September 30th unless there is an extenuating circumstance. Core Law must be taken within this 2 year period. It is included in the 14 hr course offered here at Bonita Springs Estero REALTORS® by Royal Institute. Core Law is a DBPR/FREC requirement.
Designations and Certifications
Want to earn more?
Earning one or more designations continues to make a difference in REALTOR® earnings. Based on 2013 NAR survey data, the median income of REALTORS® without a designation was $33,500 and the median income of those with at least one designation was $61,100 – a difference of $27,600!
– 2013 NAR Member Profile
REALTOR® Family Designation Programs
The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and its affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils provide a wide-range of programs and services that assist members in increasing skills, proficiency, and knowledge. Designations and certifications acknowledging experience and expertise in various real estate sectors are awarded by NAR and each affiliated group upon completion of required courses.
Accredited Buyer’s Representative / ABR®*
ABR® education provides REALTORS® with what they need to stay competitive in today’s market. Member benefits such as marketing tools, a referral network and other resources, help to promote their business. Courses for the designation are available both in person and online. Presented by REBAC (Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council)
- Contact REBAC at firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-648-6224, or visit REBAC.
Accredited Buyer’s Representative Manager / ABRMsm
The ABRMsm real estate broker course was developed for managers, brokers and owners who wish to better incorporate buyer representation into their company’s service offerings. Designees have taken and passed both the ABR® and ABRMsm course and provided documentation of past management experience. Courses for the designation are available both in person and online.
- Presented by REBAC (Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council).
- Contact REBAC at email@example.com, 800-648-6224, or visit REBAC.
Accredited Land Consultant / ALCsm
The REALTORS® Land Institute serves a unique constituency in the real estate industry -– those who broker, lease, sell, develop, and manage land assets, including vacant, transitional land; agricultural and pastureland; timberland; and ranch and recreational properties. Through its rigorous Land University curriculum, the REALTORS® Land Institute confers its Accredited Land Consultant (ALCsm) designation to only those real estate practitioners who achieve the highest level of education, experience, and professionalism.
- Presented by the REALTORS® Land Institute (RLI). Contact RLI at RLI@realtors.org, 800-441-5263, or visit REALTORS Land Institute.
Certified Commercial Investment Member / CCIMsm
CCIMs are recognized experts in commercial real estate brokerage, leasing, valuation and investment analysis. The CCIM business network includes more than 7,500 designees and an equal number of candidates principally in North America, but also in Asia and Europe. CCIMs are backed by a respected education program, as well as superior technology products and business resources.
- Presented by the CCIM Institute. Contact CCIM at 800-621-7027, or visit CCIM.
Certified International Property Specialist / CIPS®
The Certified International Property Specialist Network (CIPS Network) comprises 2,500 real estate professionals from 50 countries and is the specialty membership group for global business practitioners of the National Association of REALTORS®. The CIPS® designation prepares REALTORS® to service the growing international market in their local community by focusing on culture, exchange rates, investment trends, and legal issues. Call the Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association education department at 407.513.7271, e-mail NAR International.
Certified Property Manager / CPM®
Acquire valuable real estate management skills through educational offerings leading to the CPM® designation. CPM® Members have the competitive edge in every area of real estate management from residential to commercial to industrial.
- Presented by Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). Contact IREM® Customer Relations at 800-837-0706, ext. 4650.
Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager / CRBsm
The Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRBsm) is one of the most respected and relevant designations offered in real estate business management. The CRBsm designation is awarded to REALTORS® who have completed advanced educational and professional requirements. CRBsm Designees are better positioned to streamline operations, integrate new technology and apply new trends and business strategies. Join today and discover a new approach to enhancing knowledge and leveraging opportunity. CRB Courses are offered in a classroom setting or online in the Council’s e-Learning Center.
- Presented by Council of Real Estate Brokerage Managers. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, call 800-621-8738, or visit CRBsm.
Certified Residential Specialist® / CRS®
Agents can maximize their potential by earning the CRS® Designation and joining the organization that has served top-producing residential sales agents since 1977. The more than 35,000 CRS® Designees benefit from nationwide referral opportunities, a professional image that attracts customers, and sales and marketing support. The CRS® Designation is awarded to experienced REALTORS® who complete advanced training in listing and selling, and meet rigorous production requirements.
- Presented by Council of Residential Specialists. Contact Customer Service by e-mail at CRS Help, call 800-462-8841, or visit Certified Residential Specialist.
Counselor of Real Estate / CRE®
The Counselor of Real Estate – or CRE – is a member of The Counselors of Real Estate, an international group of recognized professionals who provide seasoned, objective advice on real property and land-related matters. Only 1,100 practitioners throughout the world carry the CRE® designation. Membership is by invitation only.
- Presented by The Counselors of Real Estate. Contact CRE® at 312-329-8427, or visit Counselor of Real Estate.
General Accredited Appraiser, GAAsm
Certified general appraisers wishing to increase their visibility should consider pursuing the GAAsm designation. The GAAsm designation is awarded to appraisers whose education and experience exceed state appraisal certification requirements and is supported by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
- Presented by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. Call 800-874-6500 ext. 8268, or visit Appraisal Designation Programs.
NAR’s Green Designation / GREEN
The National Association of REALTORS® created NAR’s Green Designation to provide ongoing education, resources and tools so that real estate practitioners can successfully seek out, understand, and market properties with green features. The course curriculum requires completion of a 12hr Core Course and a 6hr Elective Course in either residential, commercial, or property management. All courses are available in live lecture and online formats. NAR’s Green Designation gives designees the tools to become a community leader and resource in sustainable issues.
- Presented by The Green REsource Council. Established by the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), the Green REsource Council serves real estate professionals by providing comprehensive training and access to cutting-edge resources and tools as well as promoting green excellence, leadership, and consumer awareness within and across multiple real estate disciplines. Practitioners who complete the 3-day program are awarded NAR’s Green Designation, the only green training program recognized by the NAR.
- For information on the Green Designation, e-mail email@example.com, call 800-498-9422, or visit The Green Resource Council.
Graduate REALTOR® Institute / GRIsm
Members involved in residential real estate who want a solid base of information for their practice will want to participate in the REALTOR® Institute program and earn the GRIsm designation.
- Course dates at the Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association. Presented by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. Contact your State REALTOR® Association for course dates and locations. NAR maintains a clearinghouse of information for individuals interested in the GRIsm program. For more information call 800-874-6500 ext. 8215.
Performance Management Network / PMN
The Performance Management Network (PMNsm) is a new REALTOR® designation that’s built from the ground up to bring you the real-world skills, the know-how and the tools that will keep your business out front and on top of a lighting-fast market. This designation is unique to the REALTOR® family designations, focusing on the idea that in order to enhance your business, you must enhance yourself. The curriculum is driven by the following topics: negotiating strategies and tactics, networking and referrals, business planning & systems, personal performance management and cultural differences in buying and selling.
- Presented by Women’s Council of REALTORS®. Contact the WCR at Education Department, 800-245-8512, or visit the WCR Web site.
REALTOR® association Certified Executive / RCE
Association executives interested in demonstrating commitment to the field of REALTOR® association management should pursue the RCEsm designation. AEs are recognized for their specialized industry knowledge and their association achievements and experience.
- Presented by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. Contact Renee Holland, 312-329-8545. More information can be found at the Association Certified Executive.
Residential Accredited Appraiser / RAAsm
Certified residential appraisers wishing to increase their visibility should consider pursuing the RAAsm designation. The RAAsm designation is awarded to appraisers whose education and experience exceed state appraisal certification requirements and is supported by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. Presented by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
- Call 800-874-6500, ext. 8268, or visit the Appraisal Designations Programs.
Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS® / SIOR®
Individuals certified with the SIOR® designation are top producers in industrial and office real estate brokerage. SIOR’s network includes more than 2,800 members in 480 cities in 20 countries on six continents. The Society’s mandatory re-certification requirement assures clients of the designee’s excellence in the fast changing commercial brokerage field.
- Presented by Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS®. Contact Membership at 202-449-8200 or visit Society of Industrial and Office Realtors.
Seniors Real Estate Specialist, SRES®
The SRES® Designation program educates REALTORS® to profitably and ethically serve the real estate needs of the fastest growing market in real estate, clients age 50+. By earning the SRES designation you gain access to valuable member benefits, useful resources, and networking opportunities across North America and Canada to help you in your business.
- Presented by SRES Council. Call 800-500-4564 or visit Seniors Real Estate – NAR Family Certifications.
At Home With Diversity / AHWD®
A ground-breaking professional education initiative designed to provide America’s real estate professionals with training and tools to expand their business as well as home ownership opportunities for more Americans. AHWD certification relays to the public that those certified have been professionally trained in and are sensitive to a wide range of cultural issues inviting a wider volume of business from a greater variety of cultures.
- Presented by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. For more information on this course and its business principles, please contact Diversity, 800/874-6500 ext. 8393.
Broker Price Opinion Resource (BPOR)
With the changing real estate landscape and the increased use of broker price opinions (BPOs) by market participants, the BPO Resource certification provides REALTORS® with knowledge and skills to reduce risk, increase opportunities, and create professional BPOs. The one-day core course, “BPOs: The Agent’s Role in Property Valuation,” explores the multiple uses of BPOs, how they can and cannot be used, and how to filter and select comparables. Upon completion of the core course, members will need to take a free webinar and pay a one-time fee to earn the BPOR certification. Members who earn the BPOR certification will be eligible to receive BPO orders.
- Presented by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. For more information e-mail BPOR@realtors.org, call 855-640-8863, or visit Broker Price Opinion Resource.
The new e-PRO certification provides a roadmap to help you serve hyper-connected consumers of today and tomorrow. Course topics for Day 1 include the changing market, how to connect with consumers, the online conversation, and reputation management. Day 2 provides hands-on discovery of business tech tools, such as an e-strategy, mobile office, micro-blogging, rich media, and NAR resources
- Presented by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. For more information on the e-PRO® certification, call 800-874-6500 ext. 8543 or visit e-Pro .
Real Estate Professional Assistantsm / REPAsm
REPA is a comprehensive two-day certificate course that provides an intensive introduction to the real estate business and to the specific ways support staff can become valuable assets to their employers. Every administrative employee in the brokerage office, from listing secretary to the personal assistant, will benefit tremendously from this quick-start program.
- Presented by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. For more information, visit the Real Estate Professional Assistant Web site.
Resort & Second-Home Property Specialist / RSPS
RSPS certification is offered by NAR Resort for resort and second-home professionals around the world. REALTORS® specializing in resort and second-home markets and interested in demonstrating their knowledge and expertise should pursue the RSPS certification. The RSPS core certification requirement includes the NAR Resort & Second-Home Market Course. RSPS applicants will also choose from twenty-three different elective choices including courses from the NAR Education Matrix and the NAR Resort Symposium held every 18 months.
- Presented by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. For more information, call NAR Resort 312-329-8393 or visit NAR Resort.
Short Sales and Foreclosures Resource / SFR
REALTORS® with the SFR certification can be a trusted resource for short sales and foreclosures. Your ability to close short sales and foreclosures depends in part on your confidence in seeing these transactions through. Begin building your confidence today with SFR!
- Presented by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. For more information e-mail SFR@realtors.org, call 877-510-7855, or visit REALTORS FR .
For more information on how to obtain these designations call Bonita Springs Estero REALTORS®’s Education and Service Coordinator at 239-992-6771 ext. 300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.