Download, print and complete an application for the appropriate Membership:
Primary Membership indicates that you are paying your National dues through that particular REALTOR® Association. Your company’s Principal Broker must hold membership in the Board prior to any other agent joining.
Secondary Membership means that you are already paying your national, and possibly your state, dues with another REALTOR® Association. Therefore, you only have to pay the local, and State if applicable, dues with your secondary Board. Secondary Members receive the same benefits as a Primary Member.
B.E.A.R. is continuing to innovate and stay at the forefront of MLS technology to do the best job of assisting our Members and Brokers throughout the area. At B.E.A.R. our focus is your business! Our friendly and helpful staff are always here to help if you need anything. Thank you for your interest in joining our Association.
Why be a B.E.A.R. Realtor® Member?
- Access to Matrix MLS (Multiple Listing Service of Bonita Springs-Estero) including access to MLS Advantage giving REALTORS® access to listing information throughout all of Southwest Florida and beyond.
- Listings are entered into Matrix MLS and are thus entered into the National MLS Database www.REALTOR.com, as well as, www.Homeseeker.com giving our REALTORS® the ability to market throughout the state and country through various sites.
- B.E.A.R. Members are not only involved in every aspect of the Real Estate community; but also, a major volunteer and sponsor of many different charitable organizations within the Bonita Springs-Estero Communities.
How do I become a Member?
By completing an application, sending in a copy of your license, paying the appropriate membership dues, and then attending the Orientation class within the allocated timeframe (90 days from the day that you join the Board). You must hold a current Florida Real Estate license to sell real estate in the State of Florida.
How do I complete an Application?
1. Online – download the appropriate application found at the top of this page. This is the quickest and easiest way to apply to the Board. Once you send or bring us the application with the appropriate membership application fees, you will receive an email with your assigned login and password.
2. Fax : 239-947-9573
3. Bring or mail to: B.E.A.R., 25300 Bernwood Dr., Suite #1, Bonita Springs, FL 34135
When you fax or mail the application, don’t forget to include payment information, a copy of your license, the broker’s signature and your signature. The application cannot be processed without this information.
What are the annual Membership dues?
The Membership dues are paid on an annual basis and are due each year on January 1st. For Members joining during the year, dues are prorated monthly. Annual dues include the National Association of REALTORS®, Florida REALTORS®, and the Bonita Springs-Estero Association of REALTORS®, and do not include the MLS fees.
Does my Broker need to belong to B.E.A.R.?
Agents must hold their Primary Membership in a REALTOR® Association where the company’s principal or managing broker holds membership. Once an agent holds Primary Membership in a REALTOR® Association, they may then join any other REALTOR® Association as a Secondary Board Member.
If my broker is not a Member of any Board of REALTORS®, may I still join?
The company’s Principal Broker must hold membership in the Board prior to any other agent joining.
What does Primary Membership mean?
Primary Membership is an accounting term indicating that you are paying your National dues through that particular REALTOR® Association.
What does Secondary Membership mean?
Secondary Membership means that you are already paying your national, and possibly your state, dues with another REALTOR® Association. Therefore, you only have to pay the local, and State if applicable, dues with your secondary Board.
Does a Secondary Member receive fewer benefits than a Primary Member?
No, Secondary Members receive the same benefits as a Primary Member.